Thursday, November 15, 2012

NaNoWriMo - Week 3 is my B

DAY 15

Morning: My morning writing is pretty much the same everyday. I wrote about 500 words.

Afternoon: After school, I stuck around and typed about 1,100 words. I worked on some flashback stuff from the father's perspective. I actually wrote the scene from my protagonist's perspective, but I wasn't paying attention because I wanted to write from the father's perspective. So I had to copy and paste and do some major edits to flip the perspective.

Evening: I had to write about 100 words when I got home in the evening. Nothing eventful.

Thoughts about day 15: It was a meh day. Nothing good or bad to note.

Soundtrack for the day: Module's album "Shatter: OST"

Total Words: 27,372

DAY 16 

Morning: I didn't write at all in the morning. During my normal writing time, I had to go to chapel, which wasn't bad, but I was sad to miss my average morning 500 words.

Afternoon: I stuck around at school until I finished my word count. I did get to write with my middle school classes because they had creative writing Friday. I didn't have any plans for the evening, but I really wanted to finish writing before I left school today.

Thoughts about day 16: Still chugging along. I went ahead a started to insert my the major crisis in the novel. I'm not sure how it's turning out, but I'm adding at least one big external problem for my protagonist. I think that being inside the character's head so much can get a bit boring. Especially if you don't identify with my character.

Soundtrack for the day: Weezer "The Blue Album"

Total Words: 29, 070



DAY 17 & 18

I forgot to blog yesterday, so I'm not really sure what I worked on today. I watched football while writing too, so I'm sure that I didn't get great writing done. But I did produce the number of words that I wanted.

Soundtrack for the day: The Bucs game on mute.

Total Words: 32,400


DAY 19

Afternoon: I wrote all of my words at the end of the school day. I was grinding out parallel endings to my chapters.

Thoughts about day 19: Today was grind. I was busy trying to get ready for the school week after Thanksgiving before I go on break. I got most of it done, but I had to stay an hour and half longer than I normally do after school to stay ahead of my school work and write my words. I've been working on an idea where my character has trouble sleeping at night as a way to end each of the chapter. I'm thinking that this could be a sign of his internal struggle. So when he gets some resolution, he may get some sleep. Might be hokey. We'll see.

Soundtrack for the day: M. Ward's "Hold Time"

Total Words: 34, 041

DAY 20 & 21
It's Thanksgiving Break. I made my word count.  Have a great Thanksgiving.

2 comments: