Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Paragraph or Two

I didn't write this to complain...But it is crunch time at school, and I have about 35 more research papers to grade before Christmas break. I feel like my mind is going to break from self induced stress. It's like a anthropomorphic research project punched a hole in my face and my brains mix with blackred goo pour out of the hole (the thought reminds me of a garbage pail kid card).

Everyone always says, "just don't assign a project," like that idea hadn't occurred to me. But I'm reminded that both my college class and my high school classes are required to do a research project. It's one of those must do teacher things. And honestly most students don't have the research skills, and they need the practice.

But like I said, this isn't about complaining. It's about writing to keep things going. The longer I go without composing my thoughts, the easier it is to not do it at all. It's like faith, the more I live not believing, the easier it is to never believe. So I came to write something. This isn't good stuff and it's not what I want to write about, but it is something. Something small. Something that I can finish in one sitting. Something to remind myself that, like faith, writing can help me remember how small all of my worries and stresses are.

1 comment:

  1. Wholly admirable. I neglect both far too frequently.

    I forget that Words are the lens(es) through which I view the world and then longer I am away from them (Holy and less holy) the dryer I become.

    And text in computer games isn't sufficient.

    Hope all well is the AL.
    -Derek

    ReplyDelete