Sunday, March 31, 2013

I've been away working on my novel...and other stuff

So I've been away from my blog for a while, but that doesn't mean I haven't been writing (I say that so that my imagined readers will stop judging me for not posting anything as if you're all just dying to read my thoughts). Most of my writing time has actually been spent editing my NaNo novel, which is currently a second draft. When I wrote that last sentence, it made me sound as if I've been diligently working on my novel since I started editing it in January, but that I would be a lie. I've worked on it in spurts, and I've been living life, playing (too many) video games , watching (too much) TV , and reading (too few) books.

After reading over the complete first draft, I didn't hate what I wrote, which is a new thing for me. I normally pick apart my writing to the point that I don't like rereading anything I've written. That's not to say I don't draft, after I finalize a piece, I normally don't return to it. But I read my novel and was satisfied. It felt complete for better or worse. I still have a lot of grammar and typo junk in it, but I'm letting a few of my friends read it and help me find my many mistakes--why is it so easy to read over your own mistakes?

Soon I'll be working on my third draft (maybe my final before I start sending it off?), which means that I will probably ignore my blog a little more, but it's for the novel. In my mind, it's justified.

No comments:

Post a Comment